The Evolution of the Mull Parishes
Several Roman Catholic Parishes
August 1580
Mull
1688
Kilninian & Kilmore
Kilfinichen & Kilvickeon
1728
Kilfinichen & Kilvickeon
1823
Torosay
1828
1845
Torosay
Torosay
550
Kinlochspelvie
545
Kilfinichen &
Kilvickeon
542
Iona
538
Salen
548
Kilninian
& Kilmore
544
Tobermory
549
Diagram by kind permission of Les Horn
The Mull Parishes


The island has seven parishes; Iona, Kilfinichen and Kivickeon, Kilninian and Kilmore, Kinlochspelvie, Salen, Tobermory and Torosay.

The map below gives an approximate idea of the areas covered by the seven parishes.

In 1791-9 and 1845 parish Ministers had to write up descriptions of their parish. These comprehensive descriptions are available for viewing at the following address :- http://stat-acc-scot.edina.ac.uk/sas/sas.asp?action=public&